I was cooking on the stove and without realizing that Cole had crawled over and was sitting right behind my legs, I turned to go dump the boiling water into the sink. I tripped over Cole but was able to keep my balance without falling or dropping the pot. However, some of the hot, boiling water spilled over right onto my poor baby's foot! Without knowing exactly what to do to a burn, I put his foot under cool water and then put Aquaphor on it. A while later, his foot started to blister, so I took him to Vestavia Pediatrics where Dr. Smith said it was second degree burns. I felt terrible and just couldn't help but cry. He bandaged his foot and put some cream on it and said to come back in the morning. So we went back this morn, and Cole's foot looked much better than expected. Dr. Smith put a new bandage and more cream on it and said to leave it on until Sunday. Hopefully it will be much better when I take off the bandage on Sunday.


3 comments:
Aww, poor things - you & Cole! Don't be so hard on yourself. So glad his foot is doing better!!!
Poor thing.Don't be so hard on yourself.Accidents happen to even the best moms.I'm glad his foot is getting better!!
Bless his heart, I hope it is all better soon!!
Post a Comment