Let's see where to begin first....
We lost game one 6-5. We had a 5-4 lead, but lost in the 7th inning. It was heartbreaking. Here's the details...
The AHSAA sent Larry, Mo, and Curly to umpire the games. I am not one to blame umpires for a loss, but seriously these guys are terrible. For example, when they checked our helmets before the game, they said only two of our helmets are usable and the rest "don't have enough padding". Are you kidding?!?! So if we have two guys on base, we are suppose to call time out to change helmets for our batter?!?! We had no choice but to smile and just use all our helmets. Then, the stooge behind the plate called a balk on our pitcher. When Dal questioned exactly what our pitcher did, the umpire said "coach, he just.....just looked awkward". WHAT?!?!! Unfortunately they aren't making bad calls for both teams...it's obvious they either hate Vestavia or have a man crush on the Oxford baseball team. I won't go on about these clowns but hopefully I've painted you a picture.
Now, this isn't to take anything away from Oxford...they are a VERY good baseball team. They field the ball well and hit the ball even better. On a good note, they pitched their #1 pitcher (a kid who signed with UA) and I thought we hung with him very well. We pitched a junior that hasn't pitched since Spring Break and closed with our senior short stop who hasn't pitched since NINTH GRADE...seriously! These guys did great, especially considering the circumstances. I feel pretty good about our chances today because we now have all three of our best pitchers back and Oxford has already used their #1 pitcher.
We have to come out and hit the ball early and get a big lead...the bigger the lead, the harder it will be for Larry, Mo, and Curly to take the game from us. It won't be easy because Oxford is a great team.
Say a prayer that Dal and his coaches will coach to the best of their ability and the players play to the best of their ability. Most importantly pray there are no injuries. Our second baseman hurt his knee yesterday when an Oxford runner plowed into him (which all three stooges saw and did nothing about!). He seems to be ok today so let's pray he is.
Now, about Cole......this poor little guy is still not doing well. We had to make a trip to the Dr. yesterday before coming to Oxford. The 2nd antibiotic didn't work so he got a shot and is now on a 3rd antibiotic. If he isn't better by tomorrow (Sunday), we have to take him to to see about getting tubes. I can't believe he could be getting tubes after only two ear infections, but he just won't respond to the antibiotics. He is a trooper though...he loves being outside at baseball games and when you say "Go Rebels", he claps his hands :)
Say a quick prayer for the team and coaches! I will update as soon as I can!
5 YEARS OLD(FEBRUARY 13, 2014)
10 years ago

2 comments:
Good Luck!!The team & Cole are in our prayers!!
Tubes Rock! Noah got them after his 6th ear infection and 6th time on antibiotics. He got them two days after his first birthday back in November and has never been on antibiotic or really even sick since. Unbelievable. Dr. Wooley did Noah and Sophia Meachams' tubes. He is fantastic and Dal knows the family from baseball in the past. I highly recommend him. I'll say a prayer for baby Cole.
Post a Comment