I spent over an hour last night gathering clothes that Cole can no longer wear. I planned on taking them to a consignment sale next month.
However, today I read an article that Congress is banning the sale of clothes, toys, etc unless they have been tested for lead! Apparently ALL clothes (new AND used) have to be tested for lead now! Don't get me wrong, I am all for testing toys to make sure they are lead free and I even buy the BPA free bottles, but I think this is a bit overkill. Anyone that sells clothing, toys, or whatever after Feb. 10th can get fined and even prison time if they haven't had their products tested! Large retailers can afford to have their clothing tested, but sadly, this will effect small business owners who hand make children's clothes, people that own consignment stores, ebay users, etc...
I guess that means no more Kids Market!??? I don't mean to sound like a careless mother but consignment shopping is very economical....especially during this recession.
If you are interested, here is the article....
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-thrift2-2009jan02,0,2083247.story
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That stinks cause I consign there clothes. Oh well I don't have time for all of that.
Good News! They are still going to have Kids Market. Yahoo! They sent out an email on Friday. :) I think they have updated the web site. I'll forward you the email. What would we do without Kids Market?
Just saw this article - I think we're okay: http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090109/NEWS07/901090364/1001/RSS01
Hope all is well!
- Courtney Eller
This is straight from the CPSC. I know Dal through my husband...they coached together at PGHS.
Dawn Northcutt
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml09/09086.html
We are good girl!!! I'll be fighting you for a spot in the contributer line for a good pre-public number! No cutsies sorry! We are very serious competitive shoppers! Hugs
Post a Comment