It was been a whirl wind of a week! To start, I've had an upper respiratory infection all week long. Well Thursday night we noticed that Cole had a fever. Dal called the Dr.'s answering service and the nurse said to take him to Children's Hospital asap.
Once we got to Children's the Dr. explained that they take fevers VERY seriously for infants only 8 weeks old and haven't had their immunization shots. Poor Cole had to undergo a catheter, an iv, and even a spinal tap. They wanted to make sure he didn't have a viral or bacterial infection or meningitis. Thankfully he didn't, so it turns out that he probably caught what I had all week long. I hate that he had to go through all that, but I'm thankful for the outcome. Now we are dealing with a very fussy baby...it's obvious he doesn't feel good. I just hope my little boy gets to feeling better soon!
On a different note, please keep my brother, Brent, in your prayers. He lives in Houston and is dealing with the wrath of Ike. Houston was NOT under a mandatory evacuation and Brent said there was no way to evacuate because of all people that were ordered to leave from the Galvestan area, etc. He just bought a beautiful townhome (he had not even moved in yet) and it had some damage. It will be a long road for lots of Texans.

7 comments:
poor baby! i know you must have been scared to death. i hope he is feeling better soon. we will be praying for him.
I've been trying to email Brent all day and Jason has tried to call him. Hate to hear that he had damage...
I'm so sorry that Cole is sick.I hope he is feeling better soon.Your brother is in my prayers.
Children's ER is no fun. We were there last weekend. I know it had to have been tough.
Hopefully Cole will start feeling better soon. Maybe then the three of you can get some sleep!
Hey guys! We went through the exact same thing with Jack was 12 weeks old. He spiked a fever and had to undergo the spinal tap, iv's, etc. The fear was also menengitis - turned out to be an infection also (Emma had a stomach virus that week that they suspect he got). It was a horrifying experience and I hate that you had to go through it! I hope you are all feeling better soon. Jennifer
Oh my goodness. I am so sorry he had to go through all that. I hope he feels better soon. I will pray for your brother also.
I hope that sweet baby feels better now. I hope you guys didn't have to wait long. It stinks that the place that I work is labled "no fun", but it really isn't when you're on the other side of everything. It's an awesome place to work, however, not so awesome to have your child there!
Post a Comment