Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Keepin' up with Cole!

Sorry that I have been a baaaad blogger lately! I just don't know where my days go!!!

In between my three "jobs" (I really don't call them my jobs because I consider them FUN!)....I have been soaking up my little man too :)

Cole starts Mother's Day Out next Friday, so this past Monday we had our orientation (there's an interesting twist to this story, so keep reading). We go in to meet his teachers, who are really sweet! He went right over to them and loved on them! In the meantime, I am talking to another lady, filling out paperwork, etc...when two more little boys and their moms come in.
So, Cole, his teachers, the two boys and their moms are all sitting in the floor playing while I'm doing paperwork. All of a sudden I look up and Cole's entire right side of his face was BLOOD RED!!! I walked over (with a very concerned look of course) and said "what is this...is he getting a rash??"....one of the sweet teachers then politely told me "no, that little boy just grabbed Cole's face and pinched him really hard". I couldn't believe it!!!! The mom NEVER said anything to me nor did she correct her son!!! Anyway, Cole was a tough little guy and never cried. Thankfully I did hear the mom say that her son would be coming on a different day and wouldn't be in Cole's class...whew! I know that these things happen, but we had only been there 10 minutes!!! Needless to say, it was NOT a great first experience. The mark on Cole's face is already gone and I'm confident that next Friday will go great though :) I don't have a picture of it, so I just posted my little man eating blueberries and bananas!!

Cole and I started going to a weekly storytime at the Hoover library. He LOVES LOVES LOVES it!!! and I do too! :) We sing songs, the kids eat a snack and the teacher reads a story! It is our new Tuesday morning event we will look forward to each week. If there are any 1-2 yr olds near the Hoover area that want to join us, let me know!! (they have classes for all ages) (sorry this isn't the best picture, but I was the only mom that pulled out the camera...and I didn't want to come off as a complete nerd, so I just snapped one really fast!!)

5 comments:

The Lane's said...

you big NERD you! Seriously though, I am the same way. . .which is why there are no pictures from Anna's class yesterday. The same thing when we took the kids to the school for the first day but I just didn't care that day - I had to have those pictures!

Give Cole's checks a SWEET pinch for Aunt Jill!!! Love to all of you!

SouthernDogwoods said...

I still can not believe the mom with the pinching son. At least acknowledge it and apologize!
Cole is such a cutie!!!!
We have been going to the Gardendale Library but I hear Hoover has way more programs so I bet you both are having fun.
(I take my camera out all the time so I am a nerd too!)

The Spencer Family said...

Did you not want to spank that kid!?! I'm so sorry that happend to Cole but hopefully his first day will be great!

We may try to meet you at the library one day I bet Katie would like that!

Kim said...

Rachael- I think I was in shock that the mom never checked on Cole or apologize for what happened...I'm not sure if it was intentional but never the less! You and Katelyn should come to our storybook time...you have to register for the class because it fills up. We go to the Mother Goose Tuesday 10:30 class.

Ashley Trammell said...

Parents are something these days. I see kids all the time to where if mine acted like that they would be in big trouble and nothing happens. It makes me so mad especially when they have done something to mine. I hope his first day goes well.