Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 27, 2007

I love my Grandparents!!




Years and years ago......






Today!.....






The top picture is my Grandparents taken a long time ago...we believe sometime around 1943. My grandfather thinks he was 17 years old in the picture (that's when he enlisted in the Navy) which would make my grandmother the about same age. Today, my grandfather is 81 and my grandmother is 80. And they are still sooo in love!!! Such a great example of a wonderful marriage!

3 comments:

Www.whughes.blogspot.com said...

hey girl,

i've noticed your blog, but haven't been able to get onto it until tonight! so glad you've joined the blogging world! i hope you and dal are doing good! i'll be checking in on you guys!!

Landrum Family said...

What a sweet picture!

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys, I dont think I have ever met you, I am Brandon Whited's wife. I had to leave a comment bc this is by far one of the most touching photos EVER! I just love them, they look so super sweet. My daddy was born in 1927, he is 80 and also enlisted in the navy when he was about 17, I think he was 16. He and my mother have been married for 37 years but he was married for about 20 years before that. He has 7 kids all together. Anyway, sorry to ramble but your grandfather makes me think of my dad, he is my hero and I love him very much. He and my mother still hold hands, cuddle on the couch etc. :) I hope to have a marriage like your grandparents!

Jennifer